Today I rummaged through my craft drawers & found elastic and cotton fabric. So I headed over to Cricut’s Design Space program and got to cutting. I followed Lorrie Nunemaker’s tutorial here. Initially I attempted to cut the fabric with my rotary blade but my Cricut Maker was not recognizing it today. (Very frustrating). So I went the other route and cut the template out of cardstock and then A helped me cut out the pattern.
A has been working on learning to read. So we decided to create a little reading nook area in her room. So we looked at some ideas on Pinterest. And then we headed to the stores.
So A realized the other day that it was almost Christmas and she didn’t have anything for her friend. So, she thought about things he likes and settled on Star Wars. Then she decided she wanted to sew him a pillow like she made for herself. So off to Joann Fabrics we went. She found some fleece Star Wars fabric she liked. Easy decision!
After having several occasions where A & S have wanted to be superheroes I decided it was time to get them some capes. After looking online I decided to make them.
A & S helped pick out the fabric (fun note: the stars glow in the dark!) and we used the pattern from CKC Patterns.
Keep on reading!
We have a friends birthday coming up and I decided to make a Let’s Go Exploring bag. I learned that I create much like I live my life….I an idea in my head, figure out a few of the details, and then pretty much just wing the rest. And for the most part I am pretty happy with the results. 🙂
First the bag. I saw a few patterns/ ideas online & decided to pick little parts of each. The bag is made out of 1 leg of a pair of cargo pants & 1 men’s shirt. (Thank you Goodwill). Since I didn’t really plan it out, it turned into a messanger bag instead of a backpack. Other than that I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
Next, the binoculars. Many thanks go to my neighbor for helping figure out how to create the vision in my head. The main part is from PVC pipe. Then we had to figure out how to attach spacers & the strap. (Thank you Goodwill for the belt we used as the strap.) I am very happy with how these turned out! (The kids were sad they could not play with them! )
Then we just added a drawing pad and a couple nature scavenger hunt activities. Happy birthday & adventuring B!
So I have decided to make a few more hooded towels, but this time to make a dinosaur (monster/dragon?). Whatever you might call it, I am very happy with how they turned out!
I followed this post my instructions. My towels were so thick I had to use a walking foot for my sewing machine, but it worked great!
Now I hope the 2 kids getting them like them just as much! Let me know if you would like to purchase one!
Our friend always chooses the same stuffed animal when he comes over to play. So A decided we should make one for him.
A helped me pick out the fabric and buttons for the eyes.
This was my first attempt at anything like this. I did a trial out of scrap fabric & realized a couple things to change & then did the real one.
I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The blue/silver one was the original & the brown/blue was my creation.
So it is summer here and the hot temperatures make A & S not happy when they have to get into their hot car seats.
So, tonight I made (A got to pick the fabric) 2 blankets to throw over their seats. I am very happy with the results.
So several of our friends have handmade hooded towels. One of the youngest was sad she did not, so I made her one as well.
Since A has grown she does not fit into the little hooded towels. But, except for expensive ones from Pottery Barn, I couldn’t find big ones. So, I figured out how to make one (well really 2) from 2 bath towels and 1 hand towel. I am so happy with the results. A enjoys hers & we even gave one as a gift.
Please let me know if you would like one made! They can be personalized as desired!