After having several occasions where A & S have wanted to be superheroes I decided it was time to get them some capes. After looking online I decided to make them.
We have a friends birthday coming up and I decided to make a Let’s Go Exploring bag. I learned that I create much like I live my life….I an idea in my head, figure out a few of the details, and then pretty much just wing the rest. And for the most part I am pretty happy with the results. 🙂
First the bag. I saw a few patterns/ ideas online & decided to pick little parts of each. The bag is made out of 1 leg of a pair of cargo pants & 1 men’s shirt. (Thank you Goodwill). Since I didn’t really plan it out, it turned into a messanger bag instead of a backpack. Other than that I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
Next, the binoculars. Many thanks go to my neighbor for helping figure out how to create the vision in my head. The main part is from PVC pipe. Then we had to figure out how to attach spacers & the strap. (Thank you Goodwill for the belt we used as the strap.) I am very happy with how these turned out! (The kids were sad they could not play with them! )
Then we just added a drawing pad and a couple nature scavenger hunt activities. Happy birthday & adventuring B!
So I have decided to make a few more hooded towels, but this time to make a dinosaur (monster/dragon?). Whatever you might call it, I am very happy with how they turned out!
I followed this post my instructions. My towels were so thick I had to use a walking foot for my sewing machine, but it worked great!
Now I hope the 2 kids getting them like them just as much! Let me know if you would like to purchase one!
Our friend always chooses the same stuffed animal when he comes over to play. So A decided we should make one for him.
A helped me pick out the fabric and buttons for the eyes.
This was my first attempt at anything like this. I did a trial out of scrap fabric & realized a couple things to change & then did the real one.
I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The blue/silver one was the original & the brown/blue was my creation.
So it is summer here and the hot temperatures make A & S not happy when they have to get into their hot car seats.
So, tonight I made (A got to pick the fabric) 2 blankets to throw over their seats. I am very happy with the results.
So several of our friends have handmade hooded towels. One of the youngest was sad she did not, so I made her one as well.
I have finished the fire truck busy board. (Well except for a few idealistic finishing touches). The best part is, both A & S LOVE it!!
The gear wheels work great, especially after I screwed them on (vs just glue). The key door latch is A’s favorite part. Right now the door bell just clicks, but it is wireless so I could make it work.
The board is made mostly of 1/2″ plywood (because that is what I had) and then on the back I attached four 2″x2″ boards to create a frame so the truck sits away from the wall.
I had started this concept more than a year ago and now I finally have it finished. I have created from scratch an Alphabet Book for A of items that she will find around the house and neighborhood!
Now that she is older she is so excited when she realizes that all of the pictures in this book are of things she has!
I have decided it would be fun to try and sell some of my photos, but I want to do more than just prints. I have started working on making some cards and jewelry to have a small inventory to get started. There are a few things I would tweak but overall I am happy with how they are turning out. You can always see some more of my photographs at Silly Heart Photography.
This is one of the things I am most proud of!!! So after gathering some inspiration I tweaked and modified, drilled and sanded, and painted and pushed my way to creating a toy camera! The top is the “shutter release” that you can push down and the lens is a small kaleidoscope you can look through! I sure got a LOT of joy making this!!