After having several occasions where A & S have wanted to be superheroes I decided it was time to get them some capes. After looking online I decided to make them.
I saw this pattern for a giant arm knitted bunny by Flax & Twine and decided to give it a try. (Which is slightly amusing because I do not know how to knit) .
So I let A help pick out the yarn. And of course she chose a blue. So after practicing for a bit, I think I kind of got the hang of it.
It went pretty quick. I made the body part one night. Then the head the next. A couple nights later I had the opportunity to assemble the bunny. Once again, I was not 100% sure what to do, but I gave it a go. I am happy how it turned out! Now let’s see what A & S have to say in the morning. 🙂
Update: The “big bunny” was a hit this morning!
We have a friends birthday coming up and I decided to make a Let’s Go Exploring bag. I learned that I create much like I live my life….I an idea in my head, figure out a few of the details, and then pretty much just wing the rest. And for the most part I am pretty happy with the results. 🙂
First the bag. I saw a few patterns/ ideas online & decided to pick little parts of each. The bag is made out of 1 leg of a pair of cargo pants & 1 men’s shirt. (Thank you Goodwill). Since I didn’t really plan it out, it turned into a messanger bag instead of a backpack. Other than that I am pretty happy with how it turned out.
Next, the binoculars. Many thanks go to my neighbor for helping figure out how to create the vision in my head. The main part is from PVC pipe. Then we had to figure out how to attach spacers & the strap. (Thank you Goodwill for the belt we used as the strap.) I am very happy with how these turned out! (The kids were sad they could not play with them! )
Then we just added a drawing pad and a couple nature scavenger hunt activities. Happy birthday & adventuring B!
So I have decided to make a few more hooded towels, but this time to make a dinosaur (monster/dragon?). Whatever you might call it, I am very happy with how they turned out!
I followed this post my instructions. My towels were so thick I had to use a walking foot for my sewing machine, but it worked great!
Now I hope the 2 kids getting them like them just as much! Let me know if you would like to purchase one!
I saw this post by Frugal Fun For Boys & Girls and I was so excited to try it out. In fact, I invited friends over the same day & made a quick trip to the craft store.
After letting A help pick out items to decorate the house with, we headed back home to get it ready.
It was very easy following the directions for building the house. A was excited to help me measure & draw the lines on the cardboard. Then A spent a lot of time cutting extra pieces of cardboard.
The hot glue was super easy & sturdy for the house. (Much easier than frosting!). Then I added velcro to the house & then to the different decorating items.
A and her friend had a blast decorating their houses. And they even redecorated it a few times during the making process!
SKILLS: Independence, Decisions, Fine Motor, Measuring, Cutting, Working Together
Today I had the pleasure of co-hosting a baby shower for a friend. We were so happy that we could help celebrate with them and their friends. To go along with the theme of their nursery we did it all in a Woodland Theme. It was a huge success.
Parts of our shower consisted of: A photo booth, Fingerprint Tree Guest Book, Baby Advice Mad Libs, Thank you cards, Decorating Onesies, and a kids station (Trucks, Sun catchers, & several things for coloring). We also had the luck of a gorgeous November day and were able to take advantage of the wonderful outdoors at the Walker Nature Center in Reston, VA.
I had so much fun making a lot of the decorations for the party. Including the Wooden Fox(who knew foil transfers were so amazing?!), the Wooden Squirrel, and the Foam Tree House! What a great day to spend with friends! It was amazing to see how talented everyone was with the puffy paint on the onesies! And the food, catered by Wegmans was delicious as expected! What a wonderful day it was!!
So with some minor tweaks in mind I attempted my 2nd Wooly Willy. It still did not come as clear as I was expecting. And then, even with all of my hot glue the iron filings are still leaking out. So needless to say, I love the concept, but back to the drawing board.
So I have been inspired again to be crafty. Some good friends are moving to Amsterdam soon so I decided to make a few gifts for the girls.
Tonight we (yes my hubby joined in on the fun) attempted to make our own custom wooly willy. We learned a few things, so tomorrow I will make a trip back to the craft store to buy new frames & then we should be in business.
Stay tuned for the final result & the other project!
Our friend always chooses the same stuffed animal when he comes over to play. So A decided we should make one for him.
A helped me pick out the fabric and buttons for the eyes.
This was my first attempt at anything like this. I did a trial out of scrap fabric & realized a couple things to change & then did the real one.
I am pretty happy with how it turned out. The blue/silver one was the original & the brown/blue was my creation.
So it is summer here and the hot temperatures make A & S not happy when they have to get into their hot car seats.
So, tonight I made (A got to pick the fabric) 2 blankets to throw over their seats. I am very happy with the results.